02 August 2008

Nice summer flight

I have some gardening to do, but the pilots on the ground and the fantastic flying conditions convince me the garden can wait...

We pile up in a car and drive to Très-Le-Mont, where we find more pilots at take off. This time, I do a clean take off straight away and manage to play for a short while and gain a bit of altitude before I move to the front ridge.

Summer's here...

The thermals aren't powerful or big, and it's a perpetual battle to keep climbing.

After close to an hour, I give up and head for the landing, a big smile on my face. It's been worth it. To top it all, I get a ride on the back of Alex's bike to fetch the car.

Going back to take off

Technical data: Flight duration 0:52, Take-off altitude: 1550m, Maximum altitude reached: 1850m, Total climb during flight: 1320m, Max rate of climb: +3.2m/s, Max descent rate: -3.8m/s, Landing altitude: 640m.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home