09 July 2008

Long time no blog...

Well, flights have been few and far in-between this year, especially since my mother's accident in the middle of February. Then the weather has been awful for most of May and June, so it was with a bit of trepidation that I launched for what looked like a good summer flight.

A few of us met at the landing site in Orcier to pile-up in a car and drove to Très-Le-Mont. The Westerly wind reported by our weather beacon was there, and take off is easy. A few seconds after my feet leave the groung, I climb steadily above take off, although there are quite a few uncomfortable gusts.

I stay in front of the take-off area a few minutes, but it's too uncomfortable and I move to the front of the ridge. The air is a bit smoother and there are a few small thermals to get more altitude.

En vol, le lac Léman...

I play around for a while, but it takes a lot of concentration, and the thermal bubbles are actually quite small. I keep losing them, hence not making much altitude.

After over half an hour, I head for the landing and touch down. It's been a fair flight, with a bit of battling and much scenery all around...

Technical data: Flight duration 0:35, Take-off altitude: 1350m, Maximum altitude reached: 1580m, Total climb during flight: 860m, Max rate of climb: +2.8m/s, Max descent rate: -4.4m/s, Landing altitude: 640m.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home