11 August 2005

Evening flight

Getting Michael's wing back down... In the wooded area, the two companions have been busily sawing down the tree on which the wing rests. I grab the saw to give it another go, but the pine-tree is now resting against another pine-tree. It's getting late, and we decide to leave the solution to this problem for tomorrow. Since my wing is in the truck, I'll let Michael and Alex drive it down, and will fly down instead.

It's very late, the wind has dropped totally, the sun is about to set. I take a couple of running steps down the slope, and I'm off in the calm evening air. This is a short smooth flight. No thermals or any other disturbance, and I can concentrate on taking a few pictures, piloting by shifting my weight. A beautiful evening flight to close a momentous day.

I land doing a few three-sixtioes and have just enough time to fold my wing: as I close my bag, I see the truck on the road from the village. Good timing, I'm going to be late for my date tonight, but I have an excuse...

Sunset flight
Technical data: Flight duration 0:12, Take-off altitude: 1350m, Maximum altitude reached: 1350m, Total climb during flight: 60m, Max rate of climb: +1.0m/s, Max descent rate: -4.2m/s, Landing altitude: 640m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home